Monday, March 20, 2017

A productive weekend.....


A few times a year the Friday Night sewers have some time away at a nearby place.  I love going and sew sew sew all day long.....

I had some catch up sewing to do so I worked on my scrappy rainbow challenge little beach houses....


They look pretty cute and have joined the pile of purple and teal houses......

Some time ago I inherited a UFO from Kris ..... I had previously sewn all the blocks together in their layers.....


... and they have been sitting in my drawer waiting for attention....

This weekend I got them all sewn together....

A lovely warm raggy flannel quilt


I just have the clipping, then wash and dry, wash and dry to get the frayed edges and it will be ready for snuggling in winter here....  thank you Kris..... I didn't have one of these for myself - now I do!


I'm very glad to have these self springing clippers for this job, nevertheless I will be doing them a little bit at a time.... 

I'm still calling it a finish though????? is that cheating???

I did work on a couple of other projects.... but have a little bit more stitching to do on them till they are completely finished.... all in all a very productive weekend.... thanks to Marion at The Quilters Angel who hosts it.... and to all the others who go for providing the entertainment!

Righto, Gotto Go.... housework ignores the fact I have been busy sewing!!!


23 comments:

Chantal said...

I guess that's what they call "painting the town red"! No? Oh! Regardless, your town is lovely. In my book, yes, you can call this quilt finished even if it isn't all clipped. Because the way I see it, a finished quilt is a quilt you can use and wash it. Well, that's my definition but I might be wrong. hehehehe. Anywho! I think it is gorgeous and I love the colors in it. It is also perfect for the time of year as it sports the first colors of Autumn when the grass is still green. Probably what your back yard is starting to look like? No? Not yet? Good! Enjoy it while it last. ;^)

Anonymous said...

Good morning my friend,love your houses and yes i would count your quilt as a finish,well done Fiona,hope you have a lovely day xxxx

Maria said...

How many cute wee houses 🏡, they look great and all the colours will make a beaut Quilt.
Lovely flannel squares to have inherited from Kris..hm the clipping can be painful and tedious...

Jeanette said...

The houses are vefy cute. Love the flannel quilt. Hugs, xx

Rachel said...

Two beautiful quilts! The beach houses are stunning, and the flannel blanket looks so cozy!

WoolenSails said...

Love both quilts, you really got a lot done and they are both beautiful.

Debbie

Jennifer said...

Of course it's not cheating......finishing a UFO is still a finish, doesn't matter who started it! I love those little houses.

Cheryll said...

Never the "C" word... "creative" is a better "C" word...xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

I so love your beach houses! I would definitely call that a finish! When does laundry count lol! So glad you had fun x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Amazing 😉

Anthea said...

Definitely a finish, Fiona; it's going to be so snuggly come winter time, great work!
Love all the little red house, they look good together like that - just like a little estate.

sunny said...

Great projects! I haven't made a raggy quilt yet. One of these days.

KaHolly said...

You certainly had a very productive sew in! Your rag quilt looks like a finish to me! Very nice. Oh, those beach houses! XXOO

kiwikid said...

Love your litle houses and your raggy quilt is lovely too, a finish is a finish, another drawer empty!! Time away is so good for getting uniterrrupted sewing happening.

The Sloan Patch said...

Your little houses look great...love the shaggy quilt...the flannel,is so cosy.

Elyte said...

Lovely results from your productive week end. Always fun sewing with friends.

Karen S said...

Lovely collection of houses to add to your neighbourhood. And well done with completing the raggy quilt too. Very productive.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh well done with the flannel ufo! It is so pretty... the first one I did I had to snip it all by hand, and the spring scissors do make it so much easier.. Then I got the Go! cutter and it cuts it all for me :) Much much easier, lol! Love your beach houses too! xx

Louise said...

I do love those raggy quilts, but they are a pain in the hands to clip them. You can claim it as a finish as you keep clipping along because the quilt is completely usable right now! Is the back all one fabric, or is it also a bit scrappy?

Lin said...

Your quilt looks great - still on my list to do. xx

2ne said...

Love your rag quilt

Janet said...

Love the cute houses! Isn't it great to have a finish, even if it isn't all the way there. You know you'll finish up that clipping pretty quickly. So much fun sewing with friends. I have a session with friends coming up next weekend.

Raewyn said...

A great weekend's sewing Fiona - your houses look really great and also a lovely finish with the raggy quilt - yes, surely it's a finish!! (Bet it is by now, anyway!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>