Monday, December 31, 2012

A couple of bags..... HAPPY NEW YEAR

I made these bags up as shop samples for a local quilt shop ..... Quilters Angel .... which is a lovely place to play...

This bag is called Sophia (by Moonshine) and it was made using such a lovely fabric... it is heavier than quilting cotton and closer to a linen ... just lovely to work with....
(I think I might NEEEEEED some????)

Little pleats and a yolk then straps joined with metal rings..... a couple of pockets inside and a magnetic clasp


Another Moon Shine design.. this one called Sweet Heart..... such pretty colours..

the floral fabric is an outside pocket and this bag has an oval base so it sits up well by itself....


They were both so much fun to make, and such lovely fabrics..... and they are now on display at Quilters Angel... where of course the pattern and fabrics are available.....

Have you made bags?  I haven't done such fancy ones as these so I was delighted to find they were much easier than I thought... just had to get used to cutting pattern shapes with scissors rather then my darling rotary

These are my project for the month... they are in the sidebar under OPAM with links to the relevant post should you want to see what that tiny little picture is actually about!


Here's wishing you all the very best for 2013... we will be having a quiet evening tonight .. the theory is that if we start the year quiet and peaceful it has more chance of staying that way??????



This last year has been such fun with all of you and I'm looking forward to just as much fun next year

Righto, Gotto Go.... I wonder if I need a new bag????

37 comments:

Terry said...

What pretty bags! Happy New Year! :0)

Christine M said...

Gorgeous bags Fiona. Happy New Year and onto another year of friendship!

Leanne said...

Your bags are beautiful, well done. Happy New year.

Cheryll said...

Fabulous Bags Fiona. Looking forward to your company in 2013. Happy New Year! :)

Karen said...

The bags are lovely. Making them as samples is a great way to see if you like them.
A quiet evening is a smart move. I like to stay off the roads.
Happy New Year!

marina said...

those bags are really lovely.
We see the new year in quietly too. Have to make sure the four leggers are ok with fireworks.
Have a happy new year!

Jeanette said...

Beautiful bags. Yes everyone needs a new bag. :) Happy New Year. Hugs,xx.

Susan said...

Do they say "She who dies with the most BAGS wins"??? They look great -and great to be making samples of things you love yourself.

Leanne said...

Lovely bags I like making bags. Happy 2013.

Elyte said...

Great little bags. I do like the second bag. An outside pocket is always useful.
A Happy and Safe New Year to you all.

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous bags Fiona,i have made the 2nd one quite a few times.Great finishes for this month and i love your peace and quiet theory,happy new year my friend.xx

Bev C said...

Happy New Year Fiona, all the best to you and your family.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Katherine said...

Gorgeous bags and happy New Year!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh those are so fabulous and flirty and fun! Yes indeed, I think you need some. :)

sunny said...

Beautiful bags!! You had a very productive year. I say treat yourself to a new bag.

Marilyn said...

Such beautiful bags, Fiona. It will be a quiet night here too I think. We did enough gadding about at the weekend lol.
Happy New Year.

Mistea said...

Pretty bags are the best. Of course you neeed a new one.

Happy New Year wishes to you.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous bags and so beautifully stitched as usual. Happy New Year my lovely friend "up the Mountain".
Hugs xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Of course you need a new bag...a gal can't have too many! I like that theory about the New Year...we are having a quiet one too...Happy New Year xo

Jane said...

Wonderful bags, and lovely shapes. Now you know how easy they are, there will be no stopping you

Jennifer said...

Pretty bags! Some people are shoe girls......I'm a bag girl. I love bags. Best wishes to you for a great 2013!

Grammasheri said...

Oh I definitely think you should make yourself a new bag or two!

I wish you a VERY happy new year! Since you step into 2013 several hours ahead of me, let me know if anything interesting happens before I get there! *smile*

All the best,
GrammaSheri

Sisbabestitches said...

Fabulous bags, such fantastics fabrics, well done! You have had a seriously productive month :) Hope you have luck with your quiet and peaceful evening and even more luck that the New Year is even more so :)

Susan said...

There will be no stopping you now, those bags are gorgeous. I hope your theory works, and that 2013 brings you peace and contentment. X

Narelle said...

Lovely fun bags Fiona and look at all your gorgeous OPAMs!
I'm feeling in need of an early night and like your idea on a quiet and pieceful start to the year :)
Happy New Year xx

Larissa said...

Gorgeous bags there Fiona!!! Best wishes over the coming year - Looking forward to see how richly you're blessed :) Happy New Year!!! Hugs!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy New Year Bubz....those bags are amazing....December was a great month...

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Bags don't scare me as much as they used to! Have a great new year. hugs

Sheila said...

Such pretty bags , they must be lovely in a linen and so much more sturdy too . Happy New Year !!!! hugs Sheila
ps. love the new header :-)

Maria said...

beautiful bags Fiona...
Lots of great finishes.
I did see those wee gingerbread men opo up everywhere.LOL

Sue SA said...

Gorgeous bags, what fun to make patterns for a shop, great way to try out new patterns. Happy 2013, may you year be full of completed projects and full bobbins!

donna said...

Your bags turned out GREAT.
Happy New Year.
Hugs,
donna

Unknown said...

Such pretty bags, and like shoes a girl can never have too many

Wendy said...

Beautiful bags and, wow, you got a lot done in December! Hugs Wendy

Sunnybec said...

Your bags are gorgeous!

Deb R said...

Gorgeous bags!!! Im not that brave to play with many bags lol
Happy New Year to you too Fiona x

Jindi's Cottage said...

Oooh nice bags...definitely I think you need some of that fabric...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>